Sunday, February 26, 2006

A certain blogger took exception to this comment that I made in response to her post that insulting of women by bloggers must stop.Please not that these insults were 2 posts out of the hundreds that go up from the 120 plus KBW blogs!Yes women are under a deluge of insults!This is what I said!

Comment by instigator

February 25, 2006 @ 5:56 pm

Why don’t you start your own blogosphere then where all the posts can meet your standards?The fact is that there is freedom of expression on the net and as a result people will say what they feel, it doesnt make it right but it will happen.As for that blogger who called a woman a bitch here is the definition:
The word bitch — originally used for the female members of the canid species, specially dogs — is more often employed in a figurative sense as an insult for a promiscuous woman, or a malicious, spiteful, domineering, intrusive, and/or mean person
If the coat fits then put it on the person who should wear it as the terminology did suit the situation.
I have read many blogs by women with men being described as dogs,snakes,slime and no-one says anything.People should not dish it out if they can’t take it!
As for the comments about lesbians, like I said this isnt utopia.There are some people who do not like lesbians and think they have some sort of mental disorder that can be fixed by a “dick whipping”.It doesn’t make it right but that blog is the author’s venting ground and even if they don’t write it; they are thinking it.Free speech can be a bitch!(ooops I mean a bother!)

Her response:

I find it interesting that you do not dare show your identity while posting this comment. Are you scared/ashamed or so lacking in self-esteem? In any case, I know who you are. I know your blog where you write derogatory posts on women. I will only ever engage with you when you dare show your identity. In the meantime, go hide under a rock.

First of all if I was hiding my identity I would not have used my handle and instead left that blank or used anonymous. Anyone who has locked horns with me should know that low self-esteem is the last of my problems. As for my posts none of them are derogatory about women. Women in this case being all human beings that are female. I may have taken exception at how Nini Wacera was dressed and what followed was a discussion with a lady KBW member about what was attractive and what was not.My post was not about how all Kenyan women are unattractive now that would have been derogatory!

All my other posts poke fun at Western style feminism ie Sex and the City lifestyle, gold-digging. There are also articles about the negative fallback from the crusade for same sex marriage that may lead to polygamy becoming reality, how the free sex lifestyle is harming women more then they think it is, how Brokeback mountain did little to help gay causes overall and change peoples' opinions.In fact my first post was denigrating men who have children out of wedlock and leave the mother in limbo.Hmmmmm it seems that our dear blogger decided to ignore all that and focus on one post, anyway as long as it met her alarmist ends.

ps: This blogger's profile reads thus-

I am a Kenyan poet living in the UK with dreaming of a time when the cultural, legal and political obstacles that prevent African women attaining economic independence and equality are eradicated. I would like to see the development of gender-sensitive ICT policies leading to more African women accessing and using these technologies.

I on the other hand spent many years working for an AIDS ngo in Kenya that was focussed on low income women and later on men. I worked in HIV/ AIDS education, income generating projects, publicity and even peer counselling. So I have done far more for African women as compared to your dreaming in the U.K and writing blog round-ups; I intend to do even more that is why I am in grad school now.Some people dream and some people work!
ps:Don't land on my rock as you fall off your high horse!

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 08:54:00 PM, Blogger kritik said...

instigator, methinks some women love to take the moral highground when it comes to issues on women's dignity.most of the time is as a response to their own situations. as for that lady, i got two phrases for her: "put up or shut up"!!!! the world is neva a fair place!!

 
At 2/27/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger nick said...

im gonna sit back and watch how this plays out...
(in aco's defence Aunty...he always signs like that even with his other blog he never practically signs in or links the blog he just unleashes his name...he wasn't being anonymous)

 
At 2/27/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Instigator said...

@ kritik
some people can never ever address the issues at hand and instead froth at the mouth!
@ Nick
Stay tuned!Like I said some people can never handle the issues at hand and need to be dealt with!

 
At 2/27/2006 09:01:00 AM, Blogger Nakeel said...

I smell trouble brewing in the house...
Instigator breathing fire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home