Saturday, January 14, 2006

Anyone who knows me knows that despite all the flack and demonisation of everyday straight men that goes on I refuse to be swayed and remain very proud to be a man and will never apologise for the sins of other men past or present.But that does not mean that in my eyes there is no wrong that men can do, au contraire I think that men once occupied a priviledged place in society and even though that position has been eroded with time and social change they should still act like it is.
One thing that gets to me is that lack of personal responsibility and accountability by many men today.Not to say that in the past that all men were bastions of virtue but men in those days were raised to be accountable and be accountable for the results of their indiscretions.One reason way back there were few single mothers as compared to now with all the sex education that people have is that when a man made a girl pregnant he had to do the right thing (can you say shotgun wedding?).Nowadays that is no longer the case.I know a case where a Kenyan guy here in the states made his room-mate pregnant (what happened to the good old saying? - "don't shit where you eat").After she gives birth the pal somehow brainswashes the girl into telling curious people that the dad has gone back to Kenya.Seeing as which she is a pretty homely girl and has a very small circle of friends people knew that a yearn was being spun.It was after some intense pressure from my aunt that she told him who the father was.Despite the fact that they live in the same house this guy gives minimal support both physically and financially.He once told the girl to take the kid to social services and tells her to have the kid sent to her parents in Kenya.This same guy goes to the extent of when a gal pal of the mum comes over, of telling her how much the kid looks like the mother's ex boyfriend who is the current boyfriend of this girl who is visiting.I mean talk about shitting on someone's representation.I hear that when the other guy heard that he was not very amused.I would have gone one better and given him an ass whupping.I don't suffer people who drag other people's reputation in the mud lightly.
I am a simple man who lives a simple life, so if you're going to have some hanky panky for fuck's sake use a condom.I mean this dude was in his own house so he has no excuses.This is States and I have no intention of being put into indentured servitude for 18 years for a few minutes of fun.Life, love and sex are a war, and a soldier who intends to live another day always enters the battlefield with an exit strategy that has the lowest body count.
All in all if you are going to do something be ready to face the consequences and remember that the same people that you stamped on as you climbed the mountain of fun are the same people you will face on the way down.All that being said I am 110% proud to be an African man and yes there are some despicable men out there but that does not mean all of us are evil,also I will not apologise or be shamed for their actions; I will keep on stating this all day!If you dont believe me you can go live in a gay or lesbian commune because I cant fix what doesnt want to be fixed and men will always be here!

6 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 05:40:00 AM, Blogger nick said...

preach on brada

honestly guys especially in this day in age have no excuses for plantin seeds on fertile soil,and not expectin surprises...and if ur too dumb to realise that then the burden should be your problem for the next 18 yrs

 
At 1/17/2006 07:08:00 AM, Blogger Acolyte said...

Well said my friend there is no excuse for sheer stupidity.As for that jamaa I do not even know where to start....

 
At 1/17/2006 09:19:00 AM, Blogger nick said...

HAiya Acolyte is that you-feigning shock and disbelief

 
At 1/17/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Msanii_XL said...

eish aco dude needs intervention, he should not even speak where other men are....Upuzi..

 
At 1/17/2006 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Instigator said...

@ Msanii
Do not give Aco credit for my genius.As for that guy , he makes all of us look bad!

 
At 1/27/2006 03:05:00 AM, Blogger Girl next door said...

damn! that story of the jamaa disowning his kid is just sad. I definitely agree with your point of view--life is all about responsibility.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home